Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The heart of our kitchen lies in the coals of our Asado grill. Here, our experienced team, led by Head Chef Nathaniel Embrey, sear aged local wagyu, tender Tasmanian lamb, freshly caught seafood and other premium ingredients, creating masterful dishes of unrivaled flavour. Adding to the unique quality of our dishes is the distinctive environment in which they’re served – the historic walls of the original IXL Jam Factory, surrounded by the iconic landscape art of John Glover.
For bookings over 8 people, please call us directly on 1800 436 797, or email us at email@example.com
The original Shed was built on the Mt Nassau property in the early 1900's and met with it's demise in the 1967 bushfires. Built to replace the original Sheds were a Tractor and Shearing shed.
In 2021 work began on "The Shed" Restaurant which has been built in the exact same footprint as the original Sheds and some of the wood from the old Shed were used to make the table bases.
With our incredible head Chef Andrew Russell and our Restaurant Manager Jessica Johnson leading our team of wine and food experts, there is no better spot to sit and enjoy an amazing meal with awards winning wine.
Please note : A surcharge of 10% applies on Sundays and Public Holidays
Chef Simon Pockran and his team acknowledge this history by creating a menu that celebrates and explores Tasmania’s traditional family dishes. Reimagined and refined, this menu gives the nod to our past while championing our celebrated produce and boutique Tasmania growers.
Wine tastings available from our cellar door or join us for lunch inside or on the deck.
Happy Hour Tuesday to Sunday 4- 6pm includes $10 wines and $12 cocktail of the week
Lounge by Frogmore Creek
Tuesday to Saturday 4 pm to 11 pm
Sunday 1 pm to 11 pm
Tuesday to Saturday 5 pm to 9 pm
Sunday 1 pm to 9 pm
A surcharge of 10% applies on Sundays and Public Holidays
This Hobart restaurant is committed to people, produce and place. Our French-inspired menu weaves some of Tasmania’s finest ingredients into a dining experience punctuated with theatre and flair. Like the sound of Crepe Suzettes cooked at your table with flair by our wait staff?
We’re taking a modern approach to the traditional flavours and ‘low and slow method’ of Southern American BBQ. Sink your teeth into the best grilled, smoked, and baked meats, sourced from the finest local producers. All against the stunning backdrop of the River Derwent.
In other words, it’s your classic American smokehouse, done the Tasmanian way.
Grab the night by the horns.
Our team live to grill and smoke Tasmania’s best meats to perfection. We have homemade rubs and a curated range of sauces to complement every dish. And you can pair it all with delicious beers, playful cocktails, and wines from around the globe. We pride ourselves on down-to-earth hospitality that makes you feel right at home. So, just bring your appetite and some good company. We’ll take care of the rest.
With a boardwalk deck extending over the River Derwent, sit in the sheltered alfresco area or inside at a cosy waterside booth. This restaurant is a crowd favourite, catering for a range of dietary requirements, including specialised low gluten and free from dairy menus.
Satisfy your pizza or burger craving, tackle a pint and parmy, or enjoy a light snack option.
Boardwalk Bistro is Wrest Point Tasmania’s definition of relaxed, quality dining by the water’s edge. No need to book, just come on down.
- AWAndrewWTasmania •1 review4.0Dined 5 days agoI enjoyed the best meal since arriving in Hobart for a holiday The food was beautiful, the service was attentive and the setting was congenial I was very satisfied & would gladly recommend it Great location to take a group of friends It was complimented by a very nice glass of wineMore infoBelvedere$$$$Price: Moderate• Modern Australian• Hobart City Center•4.1
- JJillmTasmania •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoSpent a pleasant hour or so last Saturday enjoying a lovely lunch at The Deck, which is a very attractive and relaxed eatery in the centre of Hobart within the Crown complex. After ordering a celebratory cocktail, we each chose a delicious dish from the light menu. These arrived very promptly via a very pleasant staff member and were well presented, very tasty and filling. The delicious desserts topped off a lovely lunch. High recommendable.More infoThe Deck$$$$Price: Moderate• Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service• Hobart City Center•3.6
- PPPandPTasmania •1 review5.0Dined on 13 Feb 2024The environment is good. The service is excellent. The food is fine. I expect to come againMore infocore restaurant and bar$$$$Price: Expensive• Australian• Hobart City Center•3.7
- CYCatherineYTasmania •2 reviews5.0Dined on 24 Dec 2023The restaurant is located in 12/F with fabulous view. The food was specially cooked at the open kitchen which were so great! We enjoyed an amazing Christmas Eve dinner there!More infoAURA Hobart$$$$Price: Expensive• Australian• Hobart City Center•3.8
- OTOpenTable DinerTasmania •1 review4.0Dined on 2 Dec 2023The staffs are very friendly specially the waiter name Ed and the chef named Harold thank you so much guys you made my birthday 🎂 more special ❤️More infoEmbers – Bar Pizza Grill$$$$Price: Moderate• Australian• North Hobart•3.2
Frequently asked questions
As of February 22, 2024 there are 23 restaurants in Hobart. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Australian, Modern Australian, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, French, Bistro and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Hobart who deliver with Uber Eats, Deliveroo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Hobart either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.