Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located in a beautiful heritage-listed building in the heart of the Melbourne CBD, cosy seats, high ceilings and modern decor reminiscent of Paris-by-night are paired with friendly, knowledgeable and professional service.
Co-founder and director Vianney Establet was born in prime Bordeaux terroir with wine in his veins, coming from a family of winemakers going back five generations, and honed his craft as a sommelier for over a decade in some of the finest restaurants and private members clubs around the world.
We pride ourselves on our eclectic boutique wine list (awarded two glasses by Australia's Wine List of the Year Awards), craft beers, cocktails and an impressive selection of gourmet cheeses and other French nibbles making V the perfect venue for catching up with friends, dates, groups and after-work drinks. Wine to take home is also available from our retail boutique.
Book now for a fantastic experience!
Vue de monde has been synonymous with Melbourne dining for almost 20 years, continuing to present an exciting and dynamic experience with a progression of flavours and sense of curiosity. The whimsical spirit at the heart of the Vue de monde menu has not been lost throughout the years, with the lighter-handed and more natural approach to cooking being no less infused with theatre.
After so many months of lockdowns, Doms represents everything that owners Sam, Tom and Adam craved - a return to the basics of hospitality. The makeover of Cheek and Peaches was designed to promote a warm sense of nostalgia and indulge the passions of the team... GOOD PIZZA, GOOD WINES, GOOD TIMES.
Level 1 - Pizzeria/Restaurant
Level 2 - Pool Room
Level 3 - Walk-in Outdoor Rooftop Bar
Dining at Doms - warm textures of natural timber, plush royal blue carpet and brass. It's old school and inviting. A menu of slow fermented wood fired sourdough pizza, alongside tasty snacks and a very deep wine list. The perfect venue for that date, that birthday, that catch up. Social, familiar, honest and good. Hot tip: drink Lambrusco, eat the salami!
Please note unfortunately we do not have disabled access.
We have been serving crafty and creative Vegan food and cocktails to the masses for 4 years now and cant wait share it with our loving community!
We have a a new team led by Genesis our new VM and Jamie our new head chef and the new offering is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Its a bit fancier than the past menus and its a perfect match for the new feel of the space, spread over 4 large proteins and 8 tapas items, your date nights, functions, parties and family dinners just got a whole lot better at Good Love.
Not to worry though as we have still kept a few classic GL menu faves like the KFC bowl, the house made all vegan Bacon & Egg Brioche and of course our Gyros Kebab.
Open 7 nights and weekend lunches you'll def need a booking with our new reduced capacity (from the fancy new furniture) and reduced trading hours - good bye breakfasts : )
- Remember its 10% off for all cash sales at the bar!
Perch yourself on an outdoor bench and immerse yourself in the street’s ambiance, or enjoy a full dining experience in our bistro.
So, since we’re very literally in the heart of Melbourne up here on the sixth floor of Curtin House, high above the city’s jugular Swanston Street, we feel it’s our responsibility to highlight what Mexican dining (and drinking) looks like in the eyes of the modern Melburnian.
Donovans’ exciting menu has been developed with Gail and Kevin’s knowledge of modern Mediterranean cooking. The menu is extensive with a modern mix of favourite dishes emphasising the best local produce. Donovans also offers an extensive wine list of Australian and imported wines and an eclectic mix of cocktails.
Set in the basement of the State Library.
Our new menu reflects the Italian heritage of our two owners, Paul and Rosie, and of our head chef Monica. Together, they have created authentic dishes that are hand-made with seasonal local produce, simplicity and love.
Our family welcomes yours to join us.
Join us, overlooking Melbourne's city skyline at our relaxed and modern Australian bar and grill. The perfect spot for a memorable dinner date, a delicious wine or a small, lively gathering with a group of friends. Experience impressive views and a feast of fire-cooked, locally sourced food where our steak is the main event.
Angliss Restaurant is the Institute's flagship venue and the home of the Great Chefs program. The Angliss Restaurant provides a professional-standard training environment for our students and an affordable dining experience for guests. The food style offered at Angliss is a fusion of contemporary and classical influences. Guests will enjoy culinary delights from final year apprentice chefs and cookery students and impeccable fine dining service provided by hospitality students.
Lavish three course buffet lunches and dinners are also available throughout the year. These offer excellent value, with choices including soup, salads, hot dishes, roast carvery and a selection of desserts.
Step into the realm of innovative Modern Australian cuisine, expertly crafted by our talented team. Allegro Restaurant offers the finest local produce infused with global flavours to create a standout dining experience in Melbourne. Whether you’re looking for a quick pre-theatre dinner, a romantic evening, or night out with friends or colleagues, Allegro is the perfect place to enjoy creative cuisine, refined service, and a relaxed ambience.
Featuring an open kitchen, sophisticated décor and an expansive outdoor terrace among the treetops, Allegro Restaurant Melbourne delivers a memorable dining experience each visit.
Open for breakfast daily, and dinner Wednesday to Saturday.
- MMelbchefMelbourne •4 reviews5.0Dined 2 days ago2nd time I have been to this place 6 months apart , and once again above and beyond the waitress recognise us from last visit... Chefs table was so well worth the money not over the top or hard work great casual upmarket dining optionMore infoSerai KitchenPrice: Very Expensive• Filipino• Melbourne CBD•4.7
- LBLilyBMelbourne •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoAbsolutely amazing service, lovely and really personable staff, the food was beyond fantastic I have been once and did not disappoint on my return. Will definitely be back!! <3More infoMaccaroni Trattoria ItalianaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Melbourne CBD•4.4
- MEMarissaEMelbourne •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoAbsolutely delicious 🤤 definitely go the festive mood menu…yum! steak was like butter. Greens were to die for and that grilled bread OMG!More infoMeatmaidenPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Melbourne CBD•4.6
- LLaurenMelbourne •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoA great experience all round but special mention to the wait staff who were so accommodating for our group including 3 children. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend and can’t wait to return.More infoChocolate BuddhaPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Melbourne CBD•4.7
- DDonnaSunshine Coast •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWe had a wonderful experience from the moment we were greeted by the lovely gentleman, to the moment we left for the theatre. Unfortunately the couple we were meeting were held up in traffic and arrived 10 minutes before we had to leave. Their food was waiting for them (with lids to keep it warm). Coordinated perfectly timing wise. I could not have asked for a more friendly, efficient and professional waiter. And the food was delicious. We will be coming back. Thank you.More infoIl Solito PostoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Melbourne CBD•4.8
Best Japanese Restaurants in Melbourne
Discover the best Japanese Restaurants in Melbourne on OpenTable based on diner reviews.
Best Italian Restaurants in Melbourne
Discover the best Italian Restaurants in Melbourne on OpenTable based on diner reviews.
12 romantic restaurants for date night in Melbourne
These Melbourne restaurants stand out as the city’s best for any romantic occasion, from date nights to anniversaries to engagements.
10 outstanding Melbourne restaurants for celebrating special occasions
No matter the celebration, these 10 Melbourne restaurants, from omakase bars to award-winning spots, promise a memorable time.
The Diner Reviews are in: 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in Australia for 2023
Food is its own love language, but when it’s served in a cosy room or a candlelit booth? Guaranteed fireworks. For those looking for a quintessential Valentine’s Day dining experience, start with the most romantic restaurants across Australia, created by analysing over 350,000 diner reviews.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in City Centre is V Wine Salon