Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Prairie Canary Restaurant & Bar is all about being local. From the name of the restaurant to the dishes on which the food is served, effort was taken to showcase local talent and area producers. Enjoy your meal on hand-thrown plates and bowls. Sit at hand-made hickory tables. Savor farm-fresh produce grown just miles away. Sip on an Iowa wine or pint of beer. We look forward to seeing you!
Fresko features a splendid assortment of original cocktails with a deep spirits menu and a beer program with sixteen beers on tap in addition to bottles and cans. Fresko's wine menu focuses on quality selections at a great value to our guests.
- WWadeIowa •14 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAlways a top tier experience with great servers and solid food.More info801 Chophouse – Des Moines$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown Des Moines•4.8
- SSherriIowa •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe like going here because all diners can find food they enjoy and/or are able to eat. We have always enjoyed going here for the good food, the very good service. We look forward to getting to eat on the patio.More infoEatery A$$$$Price: Moderate• Mediterranean• Des Moines•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerIowa •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoGreat service, great vibes. Drinks were top notch, really enjoyed the lavender butterfly. The birthday cake was to die for, SOOOO. GOOD.More infoFresko$$$$Price: Moderate• Farm-to-table• Des Moines•4.7
- VUVfromUrbandaleChicago / Illinois •5 reviews5.0Dined on 18 Feb 2024Excellent as I remember it from a few years back! HIghly recommend!More infoPanka Peruvian Restaurant$$$$Price: Moderate• Peruvian• Des Moines•4.5
- JJJustJenChicago / Illinois •10 reviews4.0Dined on 7 Feb 2024Disappointed that some of the menu items were no longer available. I ordered the mahi mahi. It was good but a very small portion for the price. Brussels were good, crispy potatoes needed to be cooked a bit longer because they were hard inside.More infoTupelo Honey - Des Moines$$$$Price: Moderate• Contemporary Southern• Des Moines•4.3
Discover Des Moines
Des Moines, Iowa, is a true metropolis of more than 200,000 people. There's more going on here than corn fields! You can enjoy small bites and wonderful cocktails on an elegant rooftop patio or a great steak at a top-notch steakhouse. No matter your dietary needs or taste preferences, you can find something just to your liking in Des Moines. Ethnic options include sushi, Vietnamese pho, a French bistro or an Italian pizza house. You can also enjoy great ethnic combinations such as crab rangoon pizza! Barbecue is a popular selection and loaded with slow, smoky flavor. Being landlocked doesn't have to mean you can't get seafood. Both Des Moines and West Des Moines offer delicious bounty from the ocean.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Des Moines is Ruth's Chris Steak House - West Des Moines