Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We start with the best local seasonal organic produce, sustainable seafood, the purest farmed animals and the historic foods that have defined this landscape for generations. The food is responsibly grown, harvested, sourced and the menu changes with the seasons. We pride ourselves in making our dishes from scratch and with a light touch. You can also find items that are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free on our menu.
The Carriage House Restaurant at Houmas House and Gardens offers a more casual dining experience in one of the most beautiful Dining Rooms in America. Whether dining at our 40 foot long grand dining room table, or an intimate table for two, our style is Comfortable and Southern. Our menu is a collection of Classic Southern Dishes, with twists to make them our very own.
Family Owned and Operated
About the Owner: Mr. Kulici is currently pursuing his professional career here in Louisiana. After 25 years he has devoted an exasperating amount of time and creativity to the art of food and hospitality. Consistency and culinary drive sets his goals to constant expansion and entrepreneur opportunities that are currently unfolding here in Louisiana. LaContea Italian Restaurant has now been open since February of 2017. The modern Italian ambiance and cuisine is touched with elements of traditionalism and flavor that brings more nuance to the idea of comfort Italian food.
Mr. Kulici just released his most recent updated seasonal menu as of November 2023.
With over 170 different wines to choose from, LaContea is constantly expanding its repertoire to create a masterpiece selection that truly has something for everyone and features service bar with classic brands and local distributions alike.
Recently voted as BEST BBQ (two years in a row!) and BEST BBQ Restaurant in Baton Rouge.
BRQ believes in supporting local vendors and making everything from scratch. Enjoy award winning, chef driven, upscale BBQ, with fresh seafood, specials and craft cocktails. Try our frozen drinks including the Pomegranate Margarita, Whiskey Wake-Up, and our signature house favorite FROSE! Save room for our legendary jumbo Carrot Cake too.
Come explore our newest location: Superior Grill Highland!
Enjoy some fabulous Mexican fare in our exquisite dining space on Highland Road or choose to sit on our spacious climate-controlled patio while sipping on a refreshing margarita or ice-cold beer! We'll see you soon!
It's always a good time at Portobello's Grill.
A Southern version of the quaint cafes in Paris, with the sophistication and casual flare of New York City bistros, incorporating the flavors, culture and lagniappe of Louisiana was to us the perfect and distinct approach.
- JPJoshPBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoWe eat here a few times a year and are always pleased. Recommend to family and friends often.More infoTexas de Brazil - Baton Rouge$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4.3
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe manager and waitress were absolutely amazing! Great atmosphere and wonderful service! I would not hesitate to book for a special occasion.More infoSoLou Restaurant$$$$Price: Expensive• Contemporary Southern• Baton Rouge•4.6
- MMMichaelMNew Orleans / Louisiana •20 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoLoved our early dinner (5:15 pm) and the team service led by Lauren, who has cheerfully and tastefully served us many times in the past. Water and bread came promptly, and Lauren returned frequently to serve our wine. The steaks (filets) were perfectly cooked to med-rare, and we added a little heat from the sizzling plate to the red middle as needed. Sides and Lobster bisque were wonderful. Just love this place - the best steakhouse in Baton Rouge.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•5
- ATAlbertTvipBaton Rouge / Lafayette •75 reviews5.0Dined on 19 Feb 2024The food is always grand, but tonight the service was as great as it possibly could be. Our two waiters had perfect timing on each food course. That is not easy is a large restaurant. We had out of town guest from Alabama. The boudin dip was a hit. The crab wontons, multiple orders, were gone in a flash. The entrees of scallops, lobster and Two birds were favorites. Jubans impressed our guest. Thanks again for a great night of dining.More infoJuban's Restaurant and Bar$$$$Price: Expensive• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Baton Rouge•4.6
- PphillipmNew Orleans / Louisiana •3 reviews5.0Dined on 14 Feb 2024Great drinks in bar while awaiting our table. Food and service were great. Nice efficient waiter in bar and waitress in dining room. Only area to improve is our table was too small. One of the small round ones.More infoSullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4
Discover Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge is the home of the Waddill Wildlife Refuge, which features 237 acres of hardwood forests along the Comite River. Louisiana's capital city is also home to many coffee shops where you could enjoy a breakfast of dark-roasted coffee with beignets, hot cakes, biscuits and gravy or a baguette. Seafood is also popular is also popular in the area, with local specialties such as fried shrimp, shrimp po'boy sandwiches and gumbo served at many of the locally owned and operated diners. French and Cajun cuisine are two favorites in Baton Rouge. Try traditional French food such as crepe et fruit with hot tea for breakfast or pâté aux pommes de terre served with sausages for lunch. You could go for Cajun options such as steamed rice, gravy and Andouille sausage.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
As of February 27, 2024 there are 70 restaurants in Baton Rouge. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Southern, Italian, Creole and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Baton Rouge who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Baton Rouge either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.