The Salty Dog, Bangor, NI
We pride ourselves on using Irish ingredients to create traditional dishes with a difference. From breakfasts & bar snacks, to classic pub and restaurant dishes ... we work with local producers to bring the best of Ireland to the plate.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
Fish & Chips
Tartare, Curry Sauce
Fries, Tahini Slaw
Scampi & Fries
Excellent menu choice, friendly and helpful service, great views!
Nice private area, service was great ans food delicious.
Friendly staff, food really beautiful. Will definitely go back again
Lovely staff and great food, will definitely be back again!
Beautiful view, food snd service was excellent! Be back again soon I hope!!
Vegetarian options were limited. Tarte Tatin was in-eddible, but was not charged for. Very bright lights. Will not be going back
First time in the Salty Dog. Great food, friendly service. Would go back again.
Food was great, but damn £40 for a burger and a fish and chips......
Some sort of (Ice or coffee) grinder drowned out all conversation when in use.
Our venison was expertly cooked and presented, the creme brulee perfection. The service was efficient and pleasant. Background music not too easy on my ear. Perhaps the room was a trifle too warm and I was a little surprised not to have my temperature taken on arrival.
This was our first restaurant outing since lockdown commenced and overall we had a very enjoyable evening, thank you.
Went because dog friendly and had been or a walk nearby.
Dog friendly lovely for food
Lovely meal, friendly staff and a good location, will go again
Food was outstanding. Table staff were young and clearly well trained which cannot be easy with current pressures on hospitality for staff. We stayed two nights and ate meals both evenings. Local produce is named. Good covid19 measures in place. Highly recommend.
The food drink and service were all fantastic especially the beef starter, superb - There was one small issue, that I didn’t raise on the night. We were seated on the dog friendly side of the restaurant which is not what I expected. That in turn meant four of our party were sat on a couch which isn’t ideal for formal dining as it’s so low
Warm welcome, prompt service, one or two mistakes on the drinks order but nothing to complain about. Tasty food and pleasant ambience.
Kept my wife quiet for an hour😁 staff, food, view and atmosphere were amazing
Great service, food was good, fish and chips lovely. Menu fairly limited. Nice restaurant and atmosphere.
Gorgeous food and lovely staff! Definitely recommend trying some of the cocktails 😊
Very accommodating as we changed the time of our booking. The Scallops were probably the best meal I have ever had. Excellent!
Fish chowder and chips excellent. Fried greens terrible -take off the menu
Nice place, super service and the food is very tasty - the only issue we had was the small portion size of our fish Special of the day main dish - even smaller than the starter! However we did receive an extra portion of chips when the chicken burger had to be returned as it had been dressed incorrectly.
We had a lovely family meal. The staff were very welcoming and accommodated us running behind schedule. We enjoyed the food and ambience.
Thank you for a very enjoyable evening.
Food was excellent really enjoyed it .. Service could have been better , slow bringing drinks etc.. But had a good night
Staff couldn't be any better so polite, food was awesome will be back
Lovely staff, nice food, great that's it's dog friendly. A little slow between starter and main.
We enjoyed an excellent meal at the Salty Dog. The service was great and we sat at a window table with fantastic views over the Marina and Belfast Lough.
Fabulous birthday dinner with friends enjoying an outside drink pre dinner taking in the view and sea air and fab view of a cruise liner sail by .
Wonderful meal , wines , service and ambience .
Well done all at Salty Dog ,we look forward to be back very soon ..x
Staff very friendly we were assisted and seated to our table very quickly.
Seafood chowder starter generous portion. Bit disappointed with rib eye steak and flat iron steak, meat very hard and doesn’t seem to be a good quality meat.
Good food, shambolic service. The dinner wine arrived before the pre-dinner drinks, which we had to chase. When the food arrived, we then had to chase to get the wine back. We ordered sides which didn't arrive until we had practically finished the meal. The waitstaff seemed willing but totally inexperienced, and clearly liaison with the kitchen was all over the place.
Highs and lows (weighted in no particular order):
- Needed to change booking from 4 to 5 at short notice, Mandy was brilliant at accommodating us
- Great for dogs,
- Convivial ambiance with people chatting across tables
- Everywhere was clean and tables well spaced
- Staff apologetic for any shortcomings and very patient
- Our waitress was a dog lover and very engaging with our wee Yorkie puppy, as well as telling us about her own dogs
- Some if the group arrived early and were immediately brought to the table
- Staff were all wearing masks but very few customers when not sitting at tables
- Very slow service, we expected this due to challenges in hospitality industry but waited around 40 mins between asking for a wine menu and getting the wine (why not give the wine menu at the same time as the food menu?)
- The wine was eventually was served, initially a glass rather than the bottle we’d ordered, then the bottle with 1 glass, had to specify how many we needed & the additional 2 glasses were warm
- Food was mediocre at best and didn’t live up to descriptions on menu
- Very overpriced for the quality & quantity of the dishes eg £9 for cheeseboard with only 2 small pieces of cheese, bland chutney & poppadum-style crackers, £10 for 3 tiny scallops
- One of the group ordered a Diet Coke (not as a mixer) and the can was brought down with no glass
- The main courses were served with no cutlery which was slow to arrive
Would we return? I simply don’t know - heart says yes for the dog-friendly aspect and we had a lovely evening, but head says no for everything else. In addition, it wasn’t particularly busy so I dread to imagine how much worse it could have been.
Great food, super table and service in a lovely atmosphere
Great service, lovely staff and food. Def be back with my new puppy who also felt at home. Thanks!
Not great, lots of flies! Two meals were wrong, then overcharged for a child’s meal. Food was fine but overnight 3 out of the 7 of the party were unwell. We won’t be going back.
Lovely lunch very well presented. Good friendly and pleasant service.
Booked our table online, seated quickly with no hanging around & the food was absolutely delicious! Even the kids loved it! Highly recommended.
Interesting menu, delicious food, attentive and friendly serving staff, a lovely ambience, and views of the marina - what’s not to love?!
Unable to have either the starter or main course that I wished from the menu.
Had to leave my meal as the beef was impregnable
Excellent place, love coming here when in Belfast
Waiter/waitress need to be more turned on / tuned in. Drinks order pre meal just about arrived before the food. Had to ask twice where it was.
Very tasty breakfast options and a lovely pot of tea.
The Salty Dog, Bangor, NI offers takeaway which you can order by calling the restaurant at 028 9127 0696.
The Salty Dog, Bangor, NI is rated 4.2 stars by 259 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.