Taylor’s Bar & Beer Garden
The bar has a very long history on Dominick Street. In the 1940s, it came to fame under Patrick and Vera Taylor, where they sold quality meats along with snuff, tobacco and general groceries. Liquid refreshments, including porter and whiskey, were available in the back bar. There was also a hatch into the hallway where ladies were served until more enlightened times!
Under new ownership, the name Taylor’s has been restored over the door in loyalty to the bar’s legendary status in Galway in the latter 20th Century – where it was the favoured stomping ground of the artistic, musical and creative communities that gave rise to many of today’s bands, artists, theatrical, cultural organisations and arts.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Sealed or wrapped utensils used
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waiting staff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Staff temperature check required
- Contact tracing information collected
Great Staff, Lovely Atmosphere, amazing Chicken and even better drinks.
Asked to leave after 90 minutes, all other tables arrived before us and we're not asked to leave.
My first time at Taylors and I Was very impressed with everything there from the friendly and welcoming staff to the amazing drinks and food. Will definitely be going again :)
Top notch food. Got the boneless meal with garlic mayo and hot BBQ dips. Tasty and plentiful. Great service from friendly staff too.
It was sensational
Cocktails were amazing and staff were very friendly and helpful 😊
Lovely food provided by roost.... Great atmosphere in beer garden and in the pub
Fabulous evening. Brilliant service and food. Beer lovely. Can't wait to be back. Only observation was I couldn't take my coat off as it was chilly. But great evening.
Taylor’s Bar & Beer Garden is rated 4.8 stars by 8 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.