This includes info about cleaning, sanitising, social distancing, and usage of personal protective equipment. Learn More.
Piano Bar - Emporium Hotel South Bank
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Clean menu provided to every guest
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
Nice, relaxed and refined atmosphere with a wide drinks selection. Didn't end up eating there, had food at The Terrace bar upstairs instead which was very tasty.
BUT - the Piano Bar knew nothing of our reservation - they DON’T take reservations on Friday & Saturday nights, despite it being available/bookable on Open Table. Luckily they were quiet and had plenty of seating available.
Was also disappointed the advertised live piano/jazz wasn’t on over the Christmas/New Year period, this is the main reason we wanted to go.
My expectations of an Emporium dining experience were high (my Terrace dinner had been amazing) so I chose to bring my guest for ‘High Tini’ at the Piano Bar. But...
- firstly, my booking should not have been accepted on the website because there was a private function on in the Piano Bar at the time of my booking and it was closed to everyone else;
- the Food
- the waiter in Belle Époque seated us at the table under the dripping air conditioning unit. Thankfully it was a table for four so we moved ourselves to avoid the drips landing on my guest’s plate.
- the fruit flies hanging around the tiered plate and zipping around our heads did not make for relaxed conversation.
I was disappointed and embarrassed overall. Sadly, I learned that there are better value, lovelier environments for high tea in Brisbane.
Went for the High Tini on a Tuesday, was a lovely calm experience, the waiter/bartender was extremely attentive and kind. Food, coffee and mocktails were lovely too. Went with a friend and her newborn and we all enjoyed our High Tini experience.
Great place - fun experience. High tea with a difference. Would definitely recommend this option at The Emporium.
Should have more finger food and regular table service or tablet ordering method.
Piano Bar - Emporium Hotel South Bank is rated 4.2 stars by 5 OpenTable diners.
Piano Bar - Emporium Hotel South Bank does offer gift cards which you can purchase here https://emporiumhotelsshop.com.au/collections/gift-vouchers.
You can book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size.