Dattilo Fine Italian at Water’s Edge
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Sealed or wrapped utensils used
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waiting staff wear masks
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
Our server was polite and responsive and VERY patient as my friends and I spent hours catching up. He politely informed us that we did have a state-mandated 10 p.m. curfew, which we understood. We were grateful for the reminder and his patience with us. However, the food was very poor and was comparable to a big box chain, such as Ruby Tuesday or Macaroni grill. We were sadly expecting more given the price. My drink was satisfactory, but my friend was not pleased with her drinks. Again, given our expectation of fine dining, the drink experience was subpar as well.
I would recommend this restaurant for dinner, lunch or brunch. The service was excellent also. Nice ambiance. Large windows looking over the long Island sound.
Its wonderful, beautiful and staff is professional.
Wonderful meal! Best I have had in sometime! Can't wait to go again!
Our server, Sebastian, was amazing! The food was delicious.
Wonderful relaxing atmosphere overlooking water. Swordfish done perfectly. Service very attentive.
The staff was very attentive and the food was fantastic
Worse experience! Do not ask for a paper menu. You will get scolded! English muffin was uncooked sent it back waiter did not make replacement a priority. When the manager got involved they re - made a dish I did not order.
Our waiter was great. The restaurant is beautiful. The food is very banquet quality. Not at all what we expected for "fine dining". You were out of the Surf and Turf special that is advertised all over the website and hotel, you would think you would have enough. Appetizers in the bar in the afternoon were great, granted it was a cheese platter and fried calamari.
From the beauty of the dining room, quality service, and taste of food it was perfect. Thank you for a great family dinner.
steak was excellent,,,lobster roll another story---smallest content of lobster in sandwich i ever had. good degree of ambience.
Service was slow and sub par. The lobster ravioli was swimming in sauce and it was bot good.
Food was good but not great. No background music so you could hear every conversation going on around you.
Great service. Large portions, nice wine selection
We had a really great time eating here. The food was great and the service was good. The views are incredible and it wasn’t crowded, fast service
The resturant and resort itself was gorgeous inside. The wait staff was on point and the service was excellent. All the food and drinks were spectacular.
Thank you for a wonderful evening!
Very nice and relaxing upscale dining experience... Enjoyed it very much!
Our waiter Andrew was excellent!! Food was above average. Ambience was nothing special but in COVID times was fine. Yes I do recommend it and yes I will go back.
Food was excellent. I had bagel and lox sandwich and my fiancé had eggs Benedict. His home fries were cold, but everything tasted delicious. Service was a bit scattered. There was a long delay between the time we finished our meal and when the waitress returned to bring the bill (~10 minutes).
The place is so beautiful and beautiful view... the ocean is there near the restaurant. The food was very delicious. We will go back again someday.
Was expecting to get a normal lunch menu instead we got a brunch menu with not a very good selection. The waiter spill my wife’s drink on her chair and table and never wiped it up. Ordered a beer and it took 20 minutes for them to finally tell me they didn’t have it. After the sub par food we went outside to get a drink, we waited again around 20 minutes. I asked the waitress how long does it take to get a drink, she said it on its way. I told her to cancel. Listen I understand the whole COVID issue but that should not affect the service. If you can’t handle half the crowds how are you going to handle 75% of the crowds. Not too mention the staff did not seam like they wanted to be there. I will not go back until we are completely back to normal.
View was excellent. Food good and the service fine. Will return again.
There for brunch. Sat at a table with dirty water glasses (food, fingerprints, and watermarks) and coffee mugs with coffee stains. Received new glasses, one with lipstick. Not good, especially during Covid.
Server wasn’t too swift and we were brought the wrong order. When we received ours also incorrect, and 2/3
Of us had to wait for a new order. Bland food for the cost. Only good thing was walking the grounds afterwards. Won’t be back for food, very subpar experience. Better food at a diner.
Panacakes and omelettes were a bit greasy but at least they were delicious. Would prefer they cook with less oil or butter.
Coffee and tea were not special. Diners provide hotter coffees and teas.
Beautiful outside view. Enjoyed the birds that would fly around.
Wonderful staff, beautiful view, and delicious food!
baby crying near us. But did not last for long. Lobster roll needed more butter.
They did a nice job, good food and service. Pleasant atmosphere and well priced.
Everything was perfect for the birthday celebration with my daughters and granbaby
We love dining at your restaurant. The atmosphere and food are always fabulous.
I always order salmon on your Caesar salad. Consistently delicious.
My husband ordered the Caesar with your yummy burger. Only complaint was they both were served at the same time. I normally wouldn’t mention it but when I said something to our waitress she said that the kitchen probably thought we were sharing the burger. I would think it was her job to inform the kitchen staff of when items were to be served and not blame someone else.
Otherwise top notch!
The appetizer was very salty, the chicken was overcooked so it was very dry and the spinach had no flavor. It was a disappointing dining experience because it was our 20th wedding anniversary and we were looking forward to dining at a "FINE" Italian restaurant which is how it is described.
A group of us went to brunch yesterday at Water's Edge for a birthday celebration. None of us has a positive thing to say about our experience.
1. The server was horrible - we kept having to ask for water refills and coffee refills. She disappeared for long periods of time, and when we did get her attention, her response time was slow.
2. The server either did not understand English or just ignored our requests. Four of us ordered omelets with different ingredients. Despite the fact she insisted in taking our orders in a specific order, none of them were delivered to the correct person. There were missing ingredients in at least one of them. Each of these orders were placed with a request for extra crispy homefries. None of them came that way. Some of those orders came with a jar of jam while others did not.
3. There was some confusion about the ability to order mimosas and bloody Mary's. The advertisement does not clarify that these cannot be ordered until 11:00. We now know it is a state law. Once 11:00 hit, some of us ordered cocktails. Two of us asked for pickle juice to be added to the bloody Mary's. This request was ignored by the waitress. When reminded, she looked like this was a new request. She took the drinks back to the bar, and they sat there for 10 minutes. I went to see what the issue was, and the bartender told me she had to go into the kitchen to find some. We also asked for a side of horse radish because they were not spicy. They also did not have that at the bar, and it never arrived. Clearly, the mix came from a bottle, and it was so sweet, none of us drank them. Even with the dill pickle juice in them. I was afraid to ask for Worcestershire sauce at this point.
4. The worst part was that there was a 18% gratuity added to our bill. I know this is standard practice, but it added insult to injury at that point.
5. By noon, all of us needed to eat lunch....
I did not get a chance to eat a formal lunch or dinner here. I ate breakfast here three times over a long weekend, including the a la carte Sunday brunch. The menu is a bit limited and simple, but the prices were very fair and the food was good. The service was a bit slow, especially when sitting outside, but I enjoyed the quiet and peaceful atmosphere and had a good overall experience!
Food was very good. However, they did not serve bread. When we asked they said because of the pandemic. Why was that.
Service was fair. The girl was good but she had too many tables. Took my knife and had to ask for a new one. Took quite awhile. I used my husbands.
I will say that due to pandemic services my suffer. However, hospitality is hospitality. When your in the hospitality industry guests should always be top priority. That just wasn’t the case here. From not sanitizing tables and chairs to server not being attentive. This is by far my worst experience. Will not recommend or return.
Upset there was no bread! We were the only ones eating for about 30 minutes. It felt strange.
Beautiful, clean with super service. Food was ok, but pricey.
Father’s Day and Birthday
Dattilo Fine Italian at Water’s Edge offers takeaway which you can order by calling the restaurant at (860) 399-5901 ext. 2021.
Dattilo Fine Italian at Water’s Edge is rated 4.1 stars by 509 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.