- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Contact tracing information collected
I made a booking online several days before the date. I received confirmation email. Upon arrival, i had to wait in the food ordering queue to find out what table I was on, only to be told that the online booking system wasn't working and there is no booking for me. Lucky that I found a table else I would have gone balistic. The table was dirty. I then went to the bar and asked for a cloth to wipe it. I was given a cloth. Probably would have been nicer to be told that I should not have to do this and they would come to clean it instead. Ordered drinks online. Mistake. Waited over 40 mins and 2 reminders to staff before we got them. People going to the bar got their drinks immediately, which was extremely frustrating to see others who came after us getting their drinks quickly. Bartender was making and delivering drinks, not good that one person had to do all of this. Ordered food online. Food came out in dribs and drabs, which would have been fine if we had drinks early. Frustrating experience but lovely atmosphere. I think you need to decide whether to have an online system or go to the bar instead. Both don't work. Orders should be made in turn.
Great food, great drinks, great service. Friendly staff and fantastic surroundings. We will be back.
5 Acres is rated 3.5 stars by 2 OpenTable diners.