This includes info about cleaning, sanitising, social distancing, and usage of personal protective equipment. Learn More.
Pollen Street Social
Get it delivered
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Clean menu provided to every guest
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Waiting staff wear masks
No problem that choice was limited to 4 course or 8 course set menus but at close to £100 for even the 4 courses it would have been nice to be told ahead of booking. However, our main complaint is the 4.5 hours it took to serve those 4 courses, including over 30 mins for dessert to come. The food to time ratio was ridiculous, service was not at a level to be expected for a restaurant of any quality, far less one pitching for the top end of the market. There were lots of staff drying glasses at the bar but we had to ask repeatedly about the possibility of food arriving. We are no strangers to Michelin starred restaurants but the portion size was bordering on farcical: we certainly didn't expect to leave feeling still vaguely hungry. Despite all that, what was served was delicious.