Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Book a tour of our distillery. Savour the distinct aromatics of Tasmanian grown botanicals. Discover how we make a variety of gins, whisky, vodka and our very popular poitin (Irish moonshine). Just as our spirits have been inspired by and sourced from the majestic landscape of the great Western Tiers, produce on our menu is also sourced locally. Our menu, just like our spirits, is created with love and passion for you to enjoy.
Whether you’re visiting us for lunch (11:30am to 2:30pm), choosing to have a leisurely afternoon sipping cocktails, touring the distillery or tasting our range of premium Tasmanian spirits, you’ll be able to relax in comfort as you enjoy your Western Tiers Distillery experience with friends.
The heart of our kitchen lies in the coals of our Asado grill. Here, our experienced team, led by Head Chef Nathaniel Embrey, sear aged local wagyu, tender Tasmanian lamb, freshly caught seafood and other premium ingredients, creating masterful dishes of unrivaled flavour. Adding to the unique quality of our dishes is the distinctive environment in which they’re served – the historic walls of the original IXL Jam Factory, surrounded by the iconic landscape art of John Glover.
For bookings over 8 people, please call us directly on 1800 436 797, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It offers a beautiful relaxed atmosphere for dining in the restaurant, casual drinks and bar food in the lounge area and private dining, conferences and meetings in the exquisite Wave room.
At Bayviews we have a seasonal menu and it paints a portrait of the region using the highest quality ingredients that we can find, focusing on six key areas: land, ocean, vineyards, livestock, dairy and orchard.
Our contemporary restaurant offers a-la-carte and six or nine course tasting menu. Our dishes are created from local products and techniques from our talented team of chefs. Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan options available.
The original Shed was built on the Mt Nassau property in the early 1900's and met with it's demise in the 1967 bushfires. Built to replace the original Sheds were a Tractor and Shearing shed.
In 2021 work began on "The Shed" Restaurant which has been built in the exact same footprint as the original Sheds and some of the wood from the old Shed were used to make the table bases.
With our incredible head Chef Andrew Russell and our Restaurant Manager Jessica Johnson leading our team of wine and food experts, there is no better spot to sit and enjoy an amazing meal with awards winning wine.
Chef Simon Pockran and his team acknowledge this history by creating a menu that celebrates and explores Tasmania’s traditional family dishes. Reimagined and refined, this menu gives the nod to our past while championing our celebrated produce and boutique Tasmania growers.
Open 7 days except for public holidays our All Day menu is available until 30 minutes before closing time. Fully licensed serving our own Broad Acres Vineyard wine grown on site. Easy access with free parking and seating in a spacious setting Windows On Westella is ideal for special occasions and private functions. Bookings are recommended
Wine tastings available from our cellar door or join us for lunch inside or on the deck.
This Hobart restaurant is committed to people, produce and place. Our French-inspired menu weaves some of Tasmania’s finest ingredients into a dining experience punctuated with theatre and flair. Like the sound of Crepe Suzettes cooked at your table with flair by our wait staff?
Happy Hour Tuesday to Sunday 4- 6pm includes $10 wines and $12 cocktail of the week
Lounge by Frogmore Creek
Tuesday to Saturday 4 pm to 11 pm
Sunday 1 pm to 11 pm
Tuesday to Saturday 5 pm to 9 pm
Sunday 1 pm to 9 pm
Using seasonality as our cornerstone, our love for local produce abounds, and ingredients selected at peak flavour are crafted into memories through our Modern Australian menu.
Our celebrated wine list, cocktails, and range of spirits showcase the best that Tasmania has to offer and our friendly and knowledgeable team can recommend the perfect drink to accompany your meal.
Whether catching up with friends or family, celebrating or indulging, we love to share our space with all.
- KEKarinETasmania •1 review5.0Dined on 18 Nov 2023The food was very good and the service as well. Enjoyed meal.More infoEmbers – Bar Pizza GrillPrice: Moderate• Australian• North Hobart•3.6
- DSDavidSTasmania •1 review5.0Dined on 18 Nov 2023Fantastic food and great service in an outstanding venueMore infoAURA HobartPrice: Moderate• Australian• Hobart City Center•3.7
- COCarmenO1 review5.0Dined on 16 Nov 2023We thought the atmosphere was lovely... cosy and inviting ambience. The good was very good. Everyone was very pleased with their choices and portions were very generous. Staff were exemplary, very friendly and accommodating. Thank you for a lovely evening!More infoBelvederePrice: Moderate• Modern Australian• Hobart City Center•4.4
- MMMelanieM1 review4.0Dined on 5 Nov 2023Excellent meals and very polite staff. Potentially a little understaffed early in the evening but still providing good service.More infoThe DeckPrice: Moderate• Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service• Hobart City Center•3.8
- AMAndrewM1 review4.0Dined on 17 Oct 2023Stunning venue at Crown Plaza. Vert attentive service and lovely ambience. Only fault would be the vege's were cold when they were served. Ditto the chips. Other than that, it was very good. We will definitely go back though.More infocore restaurant and barPrice: Expensive• Australian• Hobart City Center•4
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Tasmania is Prospect House Private Hotel
- Westella Colonial B&B Accommodation
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort
- Captain Cook Caravan Park
- Port Arthur Holiday Park
- Bakers Retreat
- Hillcrest Tourist Park
- Sunrise Devonport
- Edinburgh Gallery Bed & Breakfast
- Elandil B&B
- West Hobart Apartment
- Scamander Beach Shack
- Bridport Holiday Rental
- Mole Creek Holiday Village
- Oatlands Retreat
- B & B at Winterbrook
- Curringa Farm
- Hobart Airport Tourist Park
- Salamanca Wharf Hotel
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston